Tuesday, October 20, 2009

day 28. 29. oh my eye...

my mommy always says to "take care of your health first". and for a statement that couldn't be more true- one has to wonder why this is something that we so rarely do. seriously, when your health goes, just about everything falls apart.
if you were wondering where i was yesterday i was in bed. remember on day 23 when i mentioned that my eye was bothering me...well i didn't get it checked out. and yesterday i couldn't open my eye without throbbing pain. the doctor wasn't available until today(tuesday) so yesterday i spent the day in darkness. no reading, no writing, no music, nothing. i spent the day feeling pretty sorry for myself. with little spurts of being very grateful for my health which is usually pretty good.
finally, i went to doctor and he said i had iritis.



inflammation of the eye. he gave me a series of eye drops and told me to relax. he asked me to go to something i enjoy. he said take care of myself...
oh ya! take care of myself. i've been so busy trying to "make something of myself" i haven't been taking time to enjoy.
hey, wait a minute i'm in LA, i'm living my dream. i'm blessed. life is beautiful- just as it is. the quest for better is nothing if its not fun.

i booked an acting job and i barely even celebrated! (more on that later, i fly to romania at the end of the month. really looking fwd to that)

SO i went on a hike. yeah! i ran up the hill a bit. double yeah! and tonight a friend took me out to dinner triple yeah!

tomorrow i go for a massage...