Friday, October 2, 2009

STRONG STUFF. day 12.

what a week. this week was full of (what appeared to be-) disappointments. and i know you've heard me say before that disappointment is a function of our expectations. and i will admit. i had some...things that i thought would go through for sure didn't go through. and the rain. i'm not a girl who is bothered by the weather. i just didn't want to leave the house...it's unnatural
the angel wings yesterday were a reminder to myself of just what i'm doing here. i stuck to my commitments. kept to the schedule. although as you know- i didn't feel like it. but lucky me. the schedule that i get to sick to is what? ways for me to improve my life experience. ways to expand my ability to give. not a bad way to spend your time. oh yes. i am very fortunate. then i remembered the grandmother's i met at GAPA (grandmothers against poverty and aids). and the schedule they keep. up at 5am to walk miles to get there grandchildren to school. i remember one grandmother who looked at me and said -"we are made of STRONG STUFF". and when she 'we' she meant me too. (which amazed me btw) and there it is- perspective. the world around me looked so different. the rain looked beautiful in the glimmering puddles, it danced. my fantastic warm boots and wool sweater were keeping me warm.
oh yes. i am extremely fortunate. my grandmother who is 92 and still rocking strong and my african grandmothers remind me to keep a sharp eye out and train myself to see the blessings.






1 comment:

Vividbeautydesigns said...

Well said Gozi.

Life is full of lessons, not disappointments really...because every'thing' leads to the next thing and not every stop has a prize there waiting for you.

But the next stop might.

keep on keepin' on.